Boston, San Francisco, New York City, Remote – Full Time
Our mission is to help organizations, big and small, embrace the cloud-native culture. We believe that cloud-native organizations can better help their customers and improve their businesses.
We are drastically improving the way engineers and developers work with Ambassador (https://www.getambassador.io), the leading Kubernetes-native API Gateway built on Envoy Proxy. With thousands of users including Microsoft, PTC, Ticketmaster, and Cisco, the Ambassador OSS Slack channel boasts nearly 2000 members. What better way to spend your time than creating bleeding edge technology that is respected and beloved by the open source community?
We’re looking for a senior systems engineer who can join the Ambassador development team to push our ambitious roadmap forward.
- Develop and maintain core parts of the Ambassador project
- Build good mechanisms for external community contributions
- Documentation, automated tests, timely pull request reviews, etc
- Root causing production-related issues with other engineers
- Some projects on our TO DO list:
- Supporting the gRPC / JSON bridge
- Supporting Server Name Indication for TLS
- Performance and scale testing to 100K requests per second
- Proficient in systems and network programming (if you’ve worked on a compiler, proxy, or operating system before, that’s perfect!)
- Python, C++, or Golang
- Experience working on a cloud software application or infrastructure
- Passion for infrastructure software and learning
- Plus: Experience in using Kubernetes, Docker, service mesh, and/or Envoy Proxy
- Plus: Open source development, blogging, and speaking experience
Interested? Please email your resume and/or linkedin profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.