Don’t assume your API Gateway is ready for microservices
Watch on Demand
Is your API Gateway ready for microservices and Kubernetes?
An API Gateway is a common approach used to expose your microservices to your users. Yet microservices require capabilities many API Gateways lack. Does your API Gateway support:
- New protocols such as HTTP/2 and gRPC?
- Advanced observability such as distributed tracing?
- Global rate limiting and circuit breakers for resilience?
In this 30-minute webinar, Flynn, Principal Software Engineer at Datawire, will explain the key capabilities you need in an API Gateway for microservices running on Kubernetes. He’ll also introduce service meshes, a new layer of infrastructure for distributed services.
Flynn will also discuss several of the fast growing open source projects related to API Gateways for microservices running on Kubernetes, including:
- Envoy, the modern, high performance, edge and service proxy from the engineering team at Lyft.
- Istio, a service mesh for microservices, built on Envoy from engineers at Google and IBM.
- Ambassador, an API Gateway built on Envoy and Istio from the team at Datawire.
Join this 30-minute webinar to:
- Learn about the state-of-the-art in API Gateways
- Hear what open source technologies are being used today for a service mesh
- See how you can use these technologies to implement your own service mesh